Death Row
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raiding guide

2 posters

Go down

Raiding guide Empty Raiding guide

Post  Zenchicken Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:02 pm

Ok all you wannabe excellent raid members/leaders this here is a guide of
recommended raiding behaviour which shows to every1 that you kick ass and
are far from noobs (even if you are noobs Razz )

These are the basic rules you must follow:

1. BE FRIENDLY - even if some guys seem to be real asses/idiots don't get into arguments,
unless you have a realy good reason to (such as some1 just ninja gear / some1 just got
the whole raid wiped/ and more such stuff...). And all in all try to keep the moral up and good pirat

2. ALWAYS LISTEN TO THE LEADER!!! even if it seems he doesn't know what he's doing he is still
your raid leader and you need to do everything he says (or replace him at extreme cases).
If you have an idea which seems better to you - whisper it to the leader and he'll decide
if to follow your advice or not - whatever you do DO NOT let the leader be questioned by any1,
A RAID THAT DOESN'T LISTEN TO IT'S LEADER IS SURE TO BE WIPED!

3. ALWAYS STAY BEHIND THE MAIN TANK - you NEVER walk in front of the main tank or try
to steal his aggro, it'll get the healers confused and will probably get the raid wiped.
On the same note here are common raid terms: DPS - damage per second, AGGRO - the player which is attacked by the
monster is said to have "aggro". WHITE & FULL dps, white dps is called out when the tank has enough aggro so
that if other players will attack the boss (->with normal attacks only<-) they won't steal the aggro.
Full dps is called when the main tank has enough aggro so that all players
can start spamming their most powerfull dps spells/abilities (as long as they aren't of the aggro stealing kind).
If you accidently get aggro it is better to die close to someone who can ressurect you than run for your life,
also, ask for a tank to take the aggro from you as quickly as possible(say "help" :p).

4. DON'T NINJA - in case you don't know, when you get gear YOU CAN ONLY ROLL NEED FOR 1 SPEC and only if you
realy do need that piece of gear (for example: if your a mage dps spec thats what you'll probably want to roll need for, etc...).
If you roll need on more than 1 spec or something that you don't *realy* need (such as a paladin rolling need for cloth gear and plate gear) that is called ninja and a good reason for you to get kicked and never invited back to raid with those people.

These are the main things each player needs to follow for the raid to not be wiped (often).

Here are more advanced raiding tips (for all you wannabe raid leaders Laughing) :

1. Offtanks - along with the main tank offtanks are often needed when you accidently draw more than 1 monster at a time.
A very good class for offtanking are death knights which can use death grip (or whatever that pull spell thingy is called) to get
monsters away from non-tank players (my favourite strategy is to keep all the dks at the rear and ready to pull accident lures).
Offtanks need to be declared by the raid leader (usually 1 or 2 is enough) and are to be
used as tanks only in dire cases (accident lure/main tank dies/etc...).

2. Variety - get as many diffrent classes and specs for more good buffs. A good buff is considered any spell that gives a good boost to
your raid members or weakens a monster.

3. Group building - The tanks and offtanks need to be in the same group as the healers and high dps groups
should have a shaman that will cast bloodlust and if you can think of more dps boosting abilities that are
restricted to only 1 group (such as druids with moonkin aura, etc...).
Because shamans and druids with moonkin aura are such great dps boosters more than 1 such character
in a group is a waste of a good dps boost (2 shamans in 1 group is a waste since when 1 shaman uses bloodlust the other 1
gets the "sated" buff and can't cast his bloodlust, moonkin auras don't stack, etc...), these characters should be in as many diffrent
groups as possible (for example: if you have 2 dps groups and 2 shamans, each shaman should be in his own dps group).
In fact, shamans are such a good dps boost that you can even consider putting them in a dps group even if they are healing, only
so that they can cast bloodlust every once in a while.

4. Raid warnings - Don't be afraid to use the good old /rw (raid warnings) when you need to get someone's attention,
in fact, even if it pisses some ppl off, most of the commands of the leader NEED to be said in /rw so that players
will respond as quickly as possible.

5. Keep your cool - as raid leader it's your job to keep every1 alive and working to dps/tank/heal, even if it means
you don't dps/heal/tank as best as you can, it's more important to give out raid commands and make sure they are being
followed than for you as an individual to do your thing. Also, when you encounter a tough boss it's often good to stop and
form a strategy before combat, or give out quick commands to an unexpected situation (such as accident lures,
main tank dies, healer dies, etc...). When some1 refuses to do what you ask of them(and after you asked enough times) as leader you
need to kick them for the raid's safety (as i said before - if people don't listen to the leader the entire raid may get wiped often).

6. Getting members - First of all be sure you get enough of the basic needs of a raid: main tank, healers and a bit of dps.
When you have those you are basicly good to go but you can always try to get more offtanks\healers\dps.
There are several ways to get people: ask in guild chat (w00t guild raids :p), ask your friends(friend list, etc...), ask
raid members to get their friends(from their guild or i don't know) or the LFG chat (which is the worst possibilty but often needed).

7.Calling WHITE/FULL DPS - well as much as i've asked for people to tell me how they determine when it's white or full
i failed to get a response, so over time i started noticing the following pattern which works 99.999% of the time:
when the boss's health is down to 98% you can safely call WHITE (only normal attacks) and 96% FULL (all spells and abilities).
Of course the main tank needs to get as much aggro as possible so he can go full dps from the start, and the healers need to heal him
all the time too, all the dps will wait and not attack until the leader says white and than full.

8.AOE - when more than 1 monster is lured all those trigger happy people will want to cast aoe spells (area of effect)
to damage them all and kill the mob quickly, the problem is, in most cases not all of the monsters have full aggro on the tank
so if you cast spells on them you might steal the aggro from the tank (which can lead to a raid wipe). The safest route to take
as leader is to order all people to NEVER CAST AOE. Although I must say that in some cases aoe can be pretty darn good,
so completely avoiding it isn't the best solution. Another strategy that works quite well and doesn't involve aoe
is to concentrate your dps on 1 monster at a time, which leads to a quicker killing rate, and less damage taken - but this strategy
is harder to manage.

Raiding is never easy, especially if your the leader! yet if you follow these basic rules/tips I'm sure that most of your
raids will be good and people will ask for you to lead or be in many many more future raids and will think very highly of you
and your guild as people who just kick ass! Cool .
Zenchicken
Zenchicken

Rep : 0

Back to top Go down

Raiding guide Empty Re: Raiding guide

Post  Bottrop Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:06 pm

All hail the Zenmaster of Chickeness. We bow to you /bow

Thx for this awesome guide which actually tells me you're missing our raids. Did ya know that when I whisper your name in Naxx all the bosses run and hide in fear affraid
Bottrop
Bottrop
Admin
Admin

https://nl-nl.facebook.com/daniel.clicteur?_fb_noscript=1

Back to top Go down

Post  Zenchicken Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:14 pm

You have no idea how much I miss my raiding days Cool
Nothing like a good long night of major arse kicking with my awesome guildies!

Just wanted to pass my raiding wisdom Wink
Zenchicken
Zenchicken

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down